Social distancing has proved to be an effective solution to flatten the curve of COVID-19. While you may be tired of hearing about COVID-19, the fact is that it is the biggest global crisis that we have faced since World War II.
Whether we look at major world powers or developing countries in the throes of advanced development, all have been severely impacted by the exponential spread of this virus.
As the situation progresses, most businesses have been forced to switch to the remote mode of working but many lack effective collaboration tools to manage remote teams effectively and securely.
However, one positive impact can be seen in the rise of remote work teams. The next stage of globalization involves the creation of global teams that leverage diverse talent and are capable of functioning in disruptive scenarios.
However, since the current change has been sudden and rather disruptive, it has given rise to panic and anxiety about everything from employment guarantee to financial security.
Here’s the new reality in the times of social distancing:
Given that we are in the midst of a health crisis, it’s quite natural that people are scared about their health. While there are some who believe that America needs to be reopened soon to save businesses, nearly 66% of Americans are worried about the ban being lifted too soon.
After all, just look at how easily and swiftly the virus has spread across the world with a high mortality rate in the USA and Europe. Not to mention that the prevalence of fake news t gives rise to more contagion stress.
Worries about personal health, medical expenses and medicine cost along with supply are some of the anxieties plaguing the American worker today.
Anxiety and Mental Peace
Given the current situation of economic instability and social distancing, it is no wonder that anxieties and mental health concerns are on the rise.
Practicing social distancing during a lockdown entails being cooped up at home and unable to go outside while hearing conflicting reports about what is going on in the outside world. These conditions are conducive to creating severe anxiety and stress, not to mention increased conflicts within the home as well.
Such conditions do not promote mental well-being and often lead to loss of productivity with people struggling to complete tasks in a home environment amidst increased worries and conflict.
Lack of Support
Another major concern faced by employees is what they perceive to be a lack of support from employers or management.
Keeping your business going during these current times must be tough, you have to adapt your services to meet current demands while completing cash flow forecasts and supervising your employees.
While you may feel like you are giving them enough instructions and managing them quite effectively, your employees need a little more reassurance during these trying times.
According to a recent study by Thrive Global, almost 90% of employees surveyed felt that employers needed to do more than just implement policies to work from home or to address coronavirus concerns.
The study further concluded that nearly 95% of employees want weekly communication updates on the current situation, while nearly 67% said that would prefer daily updates.
So, the most important thing to do to keep things running smoothly during these tough times is to stay in touch with your team and give them regular updates via daily check-ins.
Loss of Financial Security
As businesses axe departments and employees with a heavy heart to cut down costs and survive, every piece of news about mass pink-slips fuels public anxiety about future stability and financial security.
After all, can we really expect people to perform their best when under the constant threat of losing perhaps everything? You need to be honest with your team and reassure them that they will not be completely blindsided by any such news.
If you must part, try to part on good terms with your employees and do what you can to assist them. Remember, these times are trying for everyone!
Loss of Confidence
The current situation has witnessed unprecedented events; therefore, it’s natural that business owners and senior management find themselves at a loss while charting the road ahead.
The decision-makers find themselves scrambling to come with better solutions to keep things going while keeping in mind that the end of the pandemic is nowhere in sight. Employees are also feeling a similar loss of confidence as they face hurdles while racing against anxiety, time and resources to finish tasks.
Loss of Productivity
As companies switch to remote modes of working without calibrating strategies in advance, it’s no surprise that employees are worried about the loss of productivity in the home environment. People are not just worried about their work, they are worried about their ability to work in the absence of a professional workspace.
As per Thrive Global, nearly 80% of employees feel that they will face more distractions while completing their work, nearly 85% feel that their work will be negatively impacted while working from home.
As you can see that 3 main areas of concern for employees are anxiety management, dealing with the chaotic environment at home along with how to maintain their performance and anxiety.
As the situation continues, whether the lockdown ends or not, you will have to make decisions that ensure the safety of your employees without compromising on your work.
That’s where the ARDEM Collaboration Platform comes in.
The ARDEM Collaboration Platform
The ARDEM Collaboration Platform, as the name suggests is a cloud-based digital workplace that allows you to stay connected with your employees and keep an eye on the status of your work in real-time.
The need of the hour is to not just continue working but to work in a productive and efficient manner. The ARDEM Collaboration Manager helps you do just that.
How It Works:
- For a monthly subscription fee, you get access to a workspace on our cloud server. The cloud server is provided by Amazon Web Services with strict security protocols in place. The subscription fee is waived for all contracts of 12 months and longer.
- Every user is assigned a unique username and password along with a secure login protocol that employs the latest SSO protocols to ensure secure access.
- Once you are connected to the workspace you can upload or simply drag and drop your work documents for processing to secured folders.
- You can then chat with your Project Manager to define your scope of work and quality expectations.
- You can further interact with your team members, review the status of your project, leave new instructions, and also follow up on issues related to your assignment.
- You can also monitor the progress made on your data in real-time on our dashboards with customizable views. This helps you monitor team performance against the defined metrics.
- Our platform also enables you to manage work assignments for your team.
- You can also send us emails or any additional documents as attachments.
- You can also have your team forward emails to this platform. We will sort and categorize them as required.
That’s not all you can use the ARDEM Collaboration platform for. Our digital workplace comes fully-integrated with advanced tools and features to enable effective collaboration.
- Easy Data Sharing: Sharing data becomes incredibly easy with the ARDEM Collaboration Platform. Files can be simply uploaded into a secure folder for sharing or download. Once your data has been processed, you can download the output from another secure folder. It’s just that simple.
- Easy Communication: Once you log in into your dashboard, you can get in touch with your Project Manager via chat, video call or email and contact them whenever you face an issue to get your concerns resolved in real-time. You can also chat with your team and express your expectations more clearly.
- Flexible Dashboards: Our dashboards don’t only provide you with real-time insights and updates about the status of your work. You can also customize your dashboard view or layout to view the analytics of your choice.
- Qualified Team: We build you a custom team led by an experienced Project Manager that comprises qualified experts in the fields of data analysis, web development and automation. Our accounting teams comprise people with accounting skills and previous industry experience. Using our proven processes with our advanced technology, we help businesses make smarter, data-driven decisions.
- Advanced Analytics: At ARDEM, we process your data using a combination of data entry, data capture, automation, machine learning, and artificial intelligence to generate high-quality output.
We combine smart people with robust processes and advanced technology to build timely successful solutions.
- Data Entry: We offer extensive data entry and mining services, using double-key entry to ensure that your data is entered correctly before we aggregate and analyse it.
- Business Process Outsourcing Solutions: We offer customized outsourcing services across finance and accounting; utilities and energy; healthcare and life sciences, government, insurance, legal, manufacturing, logistics, and retail sectors. We streamline your essential processes, generating high-quality data while lowering your costs and reducing your turnaround time significantly.
- Finance and Accounting: We also offer extensive finance and accounting services including accounts payable solutions, invoice management and utility bill management.
- Automation: We offer you advanced automation with our proprietary software bots that are capable of carrying out multi-sequence steps and streamline your workstream to generate high-quality data faster.
- Manage Remote Teams Securely: The most important point, of course, is that our virtual platform allows you to collaborate effectively with your remote team and upload all data via cloud content storage on our platform. With advanced security measures and protocols in place, we ensure that your data remains safe and secure.
It’s time to make sure that no matter what happens, you and your team are prepared, mentally, technologically and most important to continue maintaining your company’s productivity and performance.
Give your business the ARDEM Advantage today!